Wednesday, May 19, 2004

some ramblings

To me, it sometimes feels like American society's so-called freedom is really a sort of prison, but we are lulled into ignoring that. It's like the Wizard of Oz behind his curtain-- with smoke and mirrors to distract us from the truth: That Capitalism is a trap. But, perhaps some people do make the best of it and are as truly happy as humans can be under the current circumstances. ("If you're not outraged, then you're not paying attention"). It has something to do with one's nature or temperment. I'm thinking all of this as I sit in a Stanislaus County courtroom observing the lawyers and the bailiff going through the motions of another day at work. I haven't worked in over two years, which makes me feel like I'm some sort of alien-- a misfit. It seems I feel like less of an adult the older I get!