Thursday, July 08, 2004

stream of consciousness

I have begun my class in Beginning Painting and finished my first painting. Actually, it could probably use more work, but it is technically finished. It is an exercise in values (tone/shading). I used Burnt Sienna and Titanium White. I'm proud of it. It's very satisfying to go to that class. The time just flies by and I become completely absorbed in what I'm doing. My other class, on the other hand, is weight training. I don't really like to go to that because I feel like it's so unfamiliar and it feels like I'm going to a gym. I'm not used to it. I can either lift weights or go swimming. I feel a little bit afraid to even walk into the weightroom. It just feels like I don't belong there. However, I brought my gym clothes today in the hopes that I will force myself to go. It's so strange to me how I have certain hurdles to jump that feel like huge mountains to me, and then other things are just perfectly enjoyable and fine for me. I guess the best thing is to push myself to do the things that don't come as easily? Right now, I'm hungry and crave bacon, eggs and cheese.