Thursday, December 09, 2004

teacher evaluations

Normally, when I have filled out teacher evaluations in the past, I was pretty disinterested and just filled in 5-excellent in every bubble. Today, however, I went off! I wrote more on this evaluation of my Archaeology teacher than I did in my essay on the last exam. I said just what I thought and was quite serious in my opinions. Now, when I think about what I wrote, it makes me laugh. It's funny that I felt so empassioned. That teacher really ticked me off though. It was just something about his attitude that just didn't work for me. Don't get me wrong, he's an interesting and charismatic guy, and I said so on my evaluation. It's really just his teaching style that was a problem for me. It's funny though, because I phrased all my suggestions like this: "I would prefer ... blah blah blah" Mostly, I just felt like his attitude was so non-chalant that it made it difficult to take him seriously at all. It's like he succeeded in disrupting his own class by acting like a class clown? Anyway. My opinions of him probably say more about me than they do about him. As is usual with opinions.