Sunday, September 12, 2004

"hang your hairshirt on the highest rung..."

I have never actually owned a pair of these boots. I had a pair of docs once, but they were 'mary jane' style. Well, yesterday, I made the move. It was a toss-up between the three colors shown in this pic, but I decided on navy. It's almost black, but a little different. I just don't think I could pull off the cherry ones. You know what's strange? Whenever I see the word 'ones,' I sort of have a weird feeling. I have to re-read it a few times. It's like when you see a handicapped person and you want to stare at them, but you don't cuz it's rude... if that makes any sense. It just seems like 'ones' is paradoxical.

Anyway, docs are spendy, but.... it is our moral obligation in life to at least once own a pair of the boots; right? Methinks that is the case. That's my justification, anyway.

carry on.