Thursday, September 08, 2005

pointless post

i think the best thing that an individual can do is to work on herself first. you can't help other people if you are incomplete or you need help yourself. you can't have peace on a global level if you have inner turmoil on the individual level. so inner work comes first. i don't claim to have any answers for anyone. i don't know that i have any kind of consistent answers for myself, even. i try to raise my consciousness by working in whatever ways i know how to improve my own mental and emotional condition. i think that is the best i can do for anyone, right now. as far as my being buddhist... i can't really claim to be buddhist except that it is my favorite philosophy. my practice is intermittent and unstable, just like pretty much the rest of my life. if i appear to lack compassion or common sense, even... please remember as i am working to remember to cast out the beam from thine own eye before you worry about the sliver in your neighbor's.