Sunday, March 27, 2005

more on death (the mother of all posts)

the ascencion. it is easter. okay, when christ went "up up up" after he had been resurrected.... he said "In my Father's house there are many mansions. In my Father's house are many homes. If it weren't so, I would have told you. I am going to prepare a place for you. WEB

In my Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. ASV In my Father's house are rooms enough; if it was not so, would I have said that I am going to make ready a place for you? BBE In my Father's house there are many abodes; were it not so, I had told you: for I go to prepare you a place; DBY In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. KJV In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. WBS In my Father's house there are many resting-places. Were it otherwise, I would have told you; for I am going to make ready a place for you. WEY in the house of my Father are many mansions; and if not, I would have told you; I go on to prepare a place for you; And Einstein said
But whoever has undergone the intense experience of successful advances made in this domain, is moved by the profound reverence for the rationality made manifest in existence. By way of the understanding he achieves a far reaching emancipation from the shackles of personal hopes and desires, and thereby attains that humble attitude of mind toward the grandeur of reason, incarnate in existence, and which, in its profoundest depths, is inaccessible to man. This attitude, however, appears to me to be religious in the highest sense of the word. And so it seems to me that science not only purifies the religious impulse of the dross of its anthropomorphism but also contributes to a religious spiritualisation of our understanding of life". You're possibly already picking up on what I'm driving at here.... but, I've recently heard that I ought not to assume that quotations can stand alone. I must discuss their contextual aspects. That said, I will sum it up by saying: (boy, I'm being long-winded) When a person dies, his individual consciousness is not completely obliterated. It moves from this heavy plane to a 'higher vibratory level' or dimension of existence. We, too, can interact with this vibratory level at certain times... which is where religion fits into the picture. Ritual and Trance-like states induce a 'higher' awareness that allows reception of realities that we usually ignore just so we can focus on the everyday world of maya. sansara, illusion. Okay, church is over. Happy Sunday. now, shoo.