Thursday, March 24, 2005

my hair

Image hosted by Photobucket.com i have red hair. it is thick and coarse and angry-- with a mind of its own that's as stubborn as I am. it was in grade school... maybe fifth grade? that i was trying to come to terms with the realization (and acceptance of same) that my hair was red. squinting at myself in the mirror, I tried to understand how my hair could possibly be red? when i was a kid, my mom would see redheads and say, "Oh, look how pretty her hair is." and I would think it was grody. nobody likes redheads when you're a kid. at least, not that I remember. it was more of a stigma than anything. I didn't have freckles, though. still don't. so people sometimes have wondered if i was a 'natural.' well, now, i like the color of red hair and wish mine were more intense than it is, actually. mine was always actually more of a strawberry blonde. so, i usually add color. anyway, that's my story and i'm sticking to it. inspired by Image hosted by Photobucket.com