Thursday, January 05, 2006

what's the point of my blog?

again i have cause to consider what the purpose of my blog might be. it is certainly not to inform, although on occasion it may provide that service. perhaps on occasion i wish to inspire. generally it is a form of human creativity and a shout in the dark. hello? is there anybody out there? i try to make my blog do what i find interesting in other blogs. mainly, i do not read blogs to be informed or instructed. You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you've got something to say. ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald I like to write when I feel spiteful; it's like having a good sneeze. ~ D. H. Lawrence Looking back, I imagine I was always writing. Twaddle it was too. But better far write twaddle or anything, anything, than nothing at all. ~Katherine Mansfield It's better to write about things you feel than about things you know about. ~L. P. Hartley it's just a journal for me.