Thursday, February 09, 2006

everybody has a hungry heart

today the doctor was telling me to eat less salt or no salt and i was thinking to myself, "i'm not gonna do that" and i was almost on the verge of telling him so. i don't like people telling me what to do. it's a disease. if someone told me to do something like "pick up that $100 bill and keep it and spend it on fun stuff" i'd be like, "no. why? you do it." reverse psychology works very well on me. it's so simple, but nobody seems to figure it out. besides, i usually assume that people don't know what they are talking about, anyway... even doctors. maybe even especially doctors. especially old doctors. i think old doctors have good instincts, but old-fashioned ideas. our phone rings eight hundred thousand times a day and is almost always a machine that is calling us, or a wrong number, or a telemarketer. today, we turned the ringer off because it is so annoying. it's like harrassment.