Wednesday, October 11, 2006

packrat reform


DUDE! I am like looking at the classified ads in our local newspaper and I checked out the free stuff section which had some really awesome finds—like 1. an upright piano (SCORE!!!) and 2. a cocker spaniel puppy… and all sorts of other really cool stuff, y’know? But this particular paper was from last week, so…I don’t imagine they still have the stuff. I told scott that we should definitely start checking that section out though… you know, watching it for cool finds! But he was like… why? What do we need? Pshhh. It is not about what we NEED per se.
Duh?
You just never know what you might find that you WANT! And you never would have known that it was out there, floating around, waiting for the right person YOU to come along and snatch it up.
Like, today, I am going to the thrift store… not to look for something that I particularly NEED, just to see if there is anything there that I WANT. He’s just not that way. Not a shopper. I am a shopper by nature. My mom is definitely not… I think I learned it from my Grandma. She is also a packrat. I am a reformed-ish packrat.