Wednesday, December 27, 2006

my new year's resolution is coming early

i have decided to start acting my age, or at least try. i am sick of feeling inadequate because i'm not a little hottie anymore. there is MORE to life than being a SEX OBJECT people!
it sickens me to face the daily barrage of people i have no hope of ever being or emulating. anyway, one of the first steps is to update my blogroll a little here and there each day with blogs that inspire me rather than deflate me. i've added 2 thirty-six yr old women who seem to espouse values other than nakedness and drunkedness and i am on the lookout for more creative women of substance out there.

maybe i'm just not COOL and i'm exhausted from denying that fact. or maybe what's cool just really isn't all that cool to begin with.

i'm trying to find some equilibrium here. it's a process. my mid-life crisis. time to accept who i am now and find some hope for who i will become. i'm not an airhead, (usually) and i'm not a shallow empty shell with nothing going for her but her appearance. it is sad to me that anyone is like that.

i don't want to be all high and mighty about it. i'm not saying these other types are bad or wrong... but that i am just not exactly one of them.... and it is time to start accepting myself for who i really am.