Friday, December 15, 2006

tongue monster from outerspace

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
human tongue anatomy
Have you ever looked at the way far back part of your tongue? It’s not the anterior (that’s the front) it’s at the BASE of the tongue. Well there are these HUGE bumps back there, I guess they are tastebuds; but, I remember the first time I saw them… I may have been 13, I FREAKED OUT! They looked like suction cups on an octopus’ tentacles! It scared me half to death, seriously! I felt like a monster. I couldn’t believe I had never noticed them before. I thought surely something must be terribly wrong with my tongue! But then I found out it was normal when I showed my mom and she laughed and said it was okay.

it’s weird how the unknown frightens us when we are faced with it.