Saturday, May 14, 2005

everybody sucks

hi. i am mad! Image hosted by Photobucket.com

As witnesses not of our intentions but of our conduct, we can be true or false, and the hypocrite's crime is that he bears false witness against himself. What makes it so plausible to assume that hypocrisy is the vice of vices is that integrity can indeed exist under the cover of all other vices except this one. Only crime and the criminal, it is true, confront us with the perplexity of radical evil; but only the hypocrite is really rotten to the core --Hannah Arendt (1906 - 1975), On Revolution (1963)

Some people seem to think that they have somehow cornered the market on blogging just because they have developed a sizeable following. It is pathetic. Blogs serve different purposes for different people and everyone has the right to experiment with their(his/her) own blog. Everyone is influenced by someone else! Why be negative and judgmental about other bloggers? Why not encourage others to be creative and interesting instead of just talking shit? Not everyone is at the same level and it is wrong to criticize people because they aren't as supposedly talented and original as YOU think YOU are! It's not right!

Just because you have a lot of people who approve of you doesn't mean you are genuinely a cool or good person. It could just mean that all of the people who approve of you are vapid, mindless automatons!

I think it is better to focus on the things you like and let the other people do their own thing.

I feel like I should be able to do what I want with my blog. It is MINE. Who the hell cares if people approve or think it is "shitty"? That is just an opinion, and you know what they say about those!

Sorry. I got maaaad. I got maaaad. I got maaaad. Everybody gets maaaad.

I am ME! JUST ME! Sorry if you think it's dumb. Maybe I think YOU are dumb. Maybe people are so fascinated with some blogs just because they are amazed by the arrogance and myopia of said blogs. ? I dunno. I don't claim to be providing some kind of public service to the world by posting my random thoughts on the internet. It is purely for my own entertainment purposes. If you are also entertained, well that is wonderful for you.

Eccentricity is not, as dull people would have us believe, a form of madness. It is often a kind of innocent pride, and the man of genius and the aristocrat are frequently regarded as eccentrics because genius and aristocrat are entirely unafraid of and uninfluenced by the opinions and vagaries of the crowd. Edith Sitwell (1887 - 1964)