Friday, March 05, 2004

Mindless Movie I went to the movies today with my roommate. She wanted to see Disney's My Life as a Teenage Drama Queen starring Lindsay Lohan. I'm too old for such things. See, my roommate is 18 and I am 30. Makes me feel old. I realize that I am no longer 16, 18, 21, 25... nope. Old! I guess I'm glad to be older, though... I never relished any of those other ages. I don't wish to be younger as myself. T'wasn't that much fun the first time. :-) Well, I suppose it had its moments. Mostly torturous, though. It just seems like now, my outlook on life is more realistic. Of course, I often find myself feeling as though I am intellectually superior to the people around me. As I was watching Drama Queen, though, some lyrics in a song struck a chord with me. She sang, "You don't need a high IQ..." blah...blah...blah... At that moment I found myself contemplating the truth in that statement. A high IQ isn't necessary to be successful in my culture. Sometimes it works against one, verily I say unto you.