Tuesday, March 23, 2004

roommate stuff


I have been doing some research on the legal aspects of this whole roommate situation and have found that because my roommate and I are co-tenants, meaning both of our names are now on the rental agreement... we have equal rights and neither of us has the right to ask the other to leave. This also means that we have equal rights when it comes to defining the rules that we will abide by such as cleaning and the use of space-- which is written in our original roommate agreement that we both signed. This includes the right to respectful and open communication regarding disputes. Instead of continuing on with this ridiculous power struggle we've been having, I have decided to be my own advocate and stand up for my rights. I will no longer allow myself to be treated with such disrespect. I don't have to remain a victim!