Wednesday, June 29, 2005

carry on

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Not long ago, I blogged about how I’d had this realization that college has taught me to think like an Anthropologist. The thing I sort of neglected to mention was why I was coming to this realization—how it came about. In the Anthropology of Religion class I’m currently taking, I am the sole Anthropology major. Everyone else is taking it for some requirement or another, but they are not Anthropologists, per se. We have math majors and Religious Studies majors… and whatever else. Anyway, it is an interesting situation in which to find myself. Image hosted by Photobucket.com What I’m getting at is that these people might at first glance seem to have irrelevant and uninteresting opinions compared with all my old fellow anth majors; however, that is not really the truth of the matter. They have much to teach me. The whole “don’t judge a book by its cover” adage seems to apply here. You never know what the person with whom you are speaking really is. This may have something to do with the fact that I just finished watching the very long, yet interesting movie Saint in which Val Kilmer has identity issues.