Wednesday, January 31, 2007

dear blog as therapist

Photo Hosted at Buzznet
on my blog i do not write nicely composed essays on the glories of west side sidewalk cafes, or whatever, well-written diatribes including quippy little double entendres and clever asides about diaper changing fiascos. that just isn't what i do. it is sort of impressive to read such blogs, really. i am amazed that people put that much thought and effort into their writing.

anyhow, MY morning consisted of trying to build a fire in our accursed woodburning stove which i hate with a passion because it smokes up the whole house and all of our clothes smell like we must be a family of chimneysweeps. i am sure we are all breathing in boatloads of carbon-monoxide and other horrible terrible disastrous consequences to our laissez faire attitude about taking care of responsibility.



whatever.



our daughter has had vomiting and diarrhea for two days (maybe 24 hrs, more like) and we should probably take her to the doctor today... although what is the doctor really going to do? except also? i have some sort of itchy bumps sprouting up all over my body and that is just NOT good. something is wrong there.



and THEN?

i have class at ten.



so there are my complaints... oh OH wait, i forgot something


i haven't done dishes for a couple of days now and the kitchen is a MESS!

so when i was trying to make coffee everything was in my way and things weren't going gracefully for me, which often seems to be the case, and which also pisses me off, and so there's THAT.

and then scott says to me, "today is gonna be a GOOD day"


he's trying to pull reverse psychology on me. no that's not right. he's definitely messing with my head, tho. no, he is just trying to start the day off with a positive attitude and i KNOW that is the right thing to do...



....but....but...but....

I AM MY ANGST!!!