Tuesday, May 15, 2007

they guzzle up the thing you prize

last night i drank one glass of wine and then i went to bed at 7:30PM and woke up at 12:30 or so and didn't feel sleepy anymore at all so signed up for a flickr acct and a bunch of other stuff which i added to my sidebar as widgets.
yesterday there were these two kids at the park, i thought they were bro & sis. anyway, the boy starts walking toward me with a rock in his hand and he makes unusual sort of grunting sounds and raises his arm up like maybe he was thinking about throwing the rock at me or in my direction but then he walks up to me and hands me the rock. so i'm like... uh??? so i look at the rock and say that it is a cool rock and ask if it is clay? by this time i'm pretty sure the kid has some sort of disability and i really don't know what to do at this point so i just throw the rock over into a dirt field area where there are a lot of other similar rocks. then i'm like, hmmm was that the right thing to do? maybe that was a special rock? maybe he wanted to keep it? was it rude of me to just toss it aside after he had made a very specific gesture of giving it to me, a complete stranger.
anyway, i've since moved on.