Sunday, July 31, 2005

bee in my bonnet

a lot of times conventional politeness grates on my nerves and i find myself wishing people would conserve their words more often. Image hosted by Photobucket.com i know it is rude of me, but since i am visiting my family, i've noticed that every single morning they say did you sleep good? and how did you sleep? to eachother. every time, i feel a tinge of annoyance, but i try to let it go and just say yes, i slept good ('well'-- whatev). how about you? i just figure that if a person has something to say about how they slept-- he/she will let you know. if you ask, though, they feel compelled to answer you even if they don't really even know how they slept. i know, it's petty of me. i also get tired of having to say "bless you" every time everyone sneezes. i just think of it as unnecessary vocalization. i'm weird, though. and a grouch. i also used to hate it when i worked at the bank and tellers were like robots who said the same exact thing to each and every customer! it drove me batty. but what doesn't? i need to meditate.