Sunday, July 17, 2005

summertime and the living is easy

i am of the opinion that a person ought not to use his/her children for personal gain. i believe that having a public blog about your child is a dangerous mistake. now, if you are a mother and have a blog and occasionally post a picture of your child or make mention of him/her-- that is not the same thing. children should be important to you, but how much you advertise that in public does not prove that you love your child. it proves that you seek personal gain and are using your child to get attention. i expressed in my comments somewhere that if a mother is interested in keeping a journal of her child's life, she would do well to make it a private "blog" (if it must be a blog at all) and give the address only to friends and family. if you disagree, that is your prerogative; but, the fact that i do not agree with "mommy blogs" does not make me a bad mother at all. it simply means that my son's life is private and he can choose to make it public if he wants to, when he is old enough to make that choice. if you used to read my blog all the time and now you don't because you disagree with my opinion, it's no skin off my nose. i am a philosophical, intellectual, analytical person. i am not just some dimwit spouting off random opinions. i think deeply on a daily basis about life, humanity, culture, art and the universe. my intention is to use my blog as a place to sort out my ideas about life and i will continue to do so whether my readers agree with me or not. if you are interested in having intelligent discussions or offering insight or humor-- that is great. if you are reactionary and easily offended then maybe you should go to a blog that is less likely to rile you up! thank you and good day!