Sunday, July 17, 2005

i hate to admit it

the truth is: i like chick flicks! must be the estrogen in me. i just finished watching... (i don't feel like capitalizing because i am lazy, okay? and it is too formal. i want to stay informal) anyway, i watched How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. let me explain. see, i didn't think i was ever going to watch that movie. i had just let it come and go without ever even really taking notice and had never given it a second thought until... i picked up the most recent issue of In Style (my favorite girly magazine) and read the article about Kate Hudson. Suddenly, I love her! I think it is because she said this about her parents:
"...they managed to love their children madly and show them the world, without making them the center of that world. She says she can only hope she does as well."
whatever, you might say.... she's a celebrity... she has a nanny... she doesn't care about her kids... she goes off to make movies and leaves her baby with some stranger! whatever. i admire her.
so, i decided to pick up How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days and laughed and cried and my hormones were satisfied, i guess. i thought you should know.