Thursday, March 29, 2007

numero uno


jesse asked me to talk about my 10 favorite books. i'm gonna do this in multiple posts.
this is difficult because i could probably do 10 for every phase of my life. childhood, teens, young adult... etc. anyway.
i came up with ten and the first one is A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle. I read it in 6th grade and it is like everything that happened in that book happened to me. i remember the story as though it were one of my own memories of my life. as far as i recall, that is the time in my life when reading fantasy-type books was a very appealing form of escapism and the science and metaphysical aspects of the book make the story seem very important and real. the writing in this book creates potent and indelible imagery in the mind, taking you to other worlds and raising the possibility of understanding the concept of multiple dimensions and how they may very well exist inside of us.

honorable mentions in this category: lion the witch and the wardrobe, alpha centauri, singularity, swiftly tilting planet, golden compass